Workforce equality information
The Trust has a legal duty under the Equality Act 2010 to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited by or under the Act.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
- Foster good relations between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and those who do not share it.
The Public Sector Equality Duty (PSED) requires NHS Trusts to publish information that demonstrates their compliance with the general equality duty.
This must include information relating to people who share a relevant protected characteristic who are:
- it’s employees (for authorities with more than 150 staff)
- people affected by its policies and practices (for example, service users).
The protected characteristics covered by the Equality Act are:
- Gender reassignment
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion or belief
- Sexual orientation