Overview of our services
To provide the flexible, individually tailored care that local people have told us they want, we work from a variety of sites as well as with people in their own homes.
Our community based services are well supported by inpatient services for when people need care or assessment in a hospital setting. In addition clinics are delivered in a number of other premises, including GP surgeries, health centres and community buildings.
In all our districts – Barnsley, Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield – we provide care to these groups:
- Adults of working age (aged 18 to 65) with a mental health problem. We also provide some services to people as young as 14 experiencing the first signs of psychosis
- Older people (over 65) with a mental health problem
- People (mainly adults) with a learning disability whose behaviour challenges services, with intensive support needs and/or a mental health problem.
- Medium secure forensic services for people with a mental health problem and/or learning disability (we also provide this service to the whole of Yorkshire and the Humber)
In Barnsley we also provide:
- Inpatient services
- Partnership services
- Children’s services
- Community rehabilitation
- Long-term conditions
- Primary care and preventative services
In Calderdale we also provide:
- Substance misuse/alcohol services
- Health improvement
In Kirklees we also provide:
- Adult ADHD service
In Wakefield we also provide:
- Adult ADHD service
- Child and adolescent mental health services (CAMHS)
- Wellbeing services
You can find out more about the services we offer by following the links in this section.
Please note, in line with national requirements, smoking is not permitted anywhere within our buildings or grounds, making them safer and healthier.
The Trust’s smoke free policy (339KB) recognises that some patients have circumstances that will require staff to make an assessment as to whether special arrangements need to be made. If a number of detailed criteria are met, a patient may be permitted to smoke on Trust premises but this will be determined on a case-by-case basis. No blanket exceptions will be made for particular categories of patients.