Cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation service
The cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation service delivers specialist assessment, planning and care to encourage and support patients through an 8 – 12 week programme of exercise and education, helping them to achieve and maintain optimal physical and psychological health.
A comprehensive individualised assessment is completed for each patient with a personalised plan of care.Prior to starting the programme, patients will have a pre-programme exercise assessment. They will also undertake pre and post programme outcomes such as a 6 minute walk test or shuttle walk test, quality of life questionnaires and PHQ 9 & GAD 7 (depression & anxiety scores). The outcomes are shared with the patient after completing the programme and sent to their GP and referrer.
Why would someone choose the service
Facilities provided by the cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation service include a fully equipped gym and education room for patient use.
Results from our patient and public involvement survey, April 2014, showed:
- 98% said they understand the benefits of exercise.
- 94% felt attending cardiac or pulmonary rehabilitation had helped them manage their condition
- 100% are extremely likely or likely to recommend the service to others and family if they needed similar care or treatment.
- 100% said they had the opportunity to ask questions.
- 100% said car parking was very good or quite good.
Staff you may meet
- Activity co-ordinator
- Care navigator
- Non-clinical support staff
- Nursing assistant
- Occupational therapist
- Other clinical staff
- Social worker
- Specialist advisor
- Specialist health worker
- Support worker