Cardiac/pulmonary rehabilitation service
Referrals accepted from
AHPs, Consultants, GP staff, GPs, Other NHS services
- Patients with a chronic lung condition e.g. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), bronchiectasis, pulmonary fibrosis, who are consider themselves functionally disabled by their condition – Medical Research Council (MRC) dyspnoea scale (scale for grading the degree of a patient’s breathlessness) 3 or above.
- Patients who have been discharged from hospital following an exacerbation of COPD.
- Patients who are being considered for or awaiting lung transplant.
- Patients who have had: Myocardial Infarction (STEMI/non STEMI) & coronary revasculation (PCI).
- Chronic heart failure if they have limiting symptoms.
- Stable angina if they have limiting symptoms.
- Post Enhanced External Counterpulsation Therapy (EECP).
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS).
- Post Coronary Artery Bypass Graph (CABG).
- Post implantable cardioverter defibrillator or pacemaker.