Domiciliary physiotherapy service
The domiciliary physiotherapy service in Barnsley aims to provide a high quality service for adults over 16 years of age within their own home. The service provides assessment and treatment to housebound patients, residents in care homes and patients with complex needs affecting access to clinics.
We accept referrals for a variety of musculo-skeletal, neurological and respiratory conditions, falls and mobility problems. We provide a full comprehensive holistic assessment, individualised exercises programmes, pain management, electrical therapy treatment and additional specialist assessments are completed depending on the patients symptoms. E.g. falls, neurological, chest assessments
We also run choose and book respiratory clinics, a drop in mobility clinic and a self referral telephone triage clinic for mobility equipment.
We provide a physiotherapy service to Barnsley Hospice.
Why would someone choose the service
- Patients satisfaction survey results 100% said we treated patient with dignity and respect; 100% said they would likely/extremely likely to recommend us to family and friends
- Patient centred holistic approach to treatment
- Treatment in their own home for housebound patients
- Excellent links and joint working with other professionals e.g. physiotherapy teams, speech and language, occupational therapy
- Respiratory clinic provided in 4 different health centre across Barnsley to meet patient needs
- Knowledge and skills to provide excellent treatment
Staff you may meet
- Support worker