Integrated community equipment service
Barnsley integrated community equipment service offers a range of loan equipment to support the care needs and promote the independence of service users living in Barnsley.
We have a range of equipment for both adults and children to support service users and their carers with items ranging from:
- bathing and toileting needs
- pressure care mattresses
- community nursing beds
- handling and lifting equipment etc.
Requests for equipment are generally made by a healthcare professional, such as a physiotherapist, occupational
therapist or doctor (although for some smaller items self-referral is possible). The equipment is loaned for a period of time that the referrer (health professional) recommends.
Our services includes:
- The delivery and installation of equipment
- Maintenance of equipment in line with manufacturer’s guidelines and legal requirements (please note: for some service users this may require our team to contact referrers to help facilitate the home visit that is needed to undertake the maintenance and repair of equipment)
- Collection service for equipment no longer required
- In-depth cleaning of returned equipment through our specialist decontamination unit (before the item is reissued)
- Repair and refurbishment of equipment where viable
Why would someone choose the service
- To help maintain their independence whilst living at home.
Staff you may meet
- Care navigator
- Non-clinical support staff