The paediatric audiology department provides specialist assessment and management of babies and children aged 0-16 with hearing problems, with close links to others professionals who have contact with these children.
Hearing assessments are performed by qualified audiologists in a state of the art paediatric audiological testing room.
Results and further investigations are discussed in consultations with doctors/consultants.
Children who require a hearing aid are issued with the latest digital technology and we will continue to update this and provide care until they reach adulthood.
Why would someone choose the service
- Diagnostic tests and assessments are undertaken by qualified staff in a way which follows guidelines from relevant expert and professional bodies
- 100% of parents felt their child’s privacy and dignity was maintained at all times. (patient and public involvement questionnaire March 2014)
- Early diagnosis and intervention helps to achieve improvements in children’s developmental milestones and enables them to reach their potential
- 100% of parents said they were likely or extremely likely to recommend the service to friends and family (patient and public involvement questionnaire September 2014)
- All permanent childhood hearing loss(PCHI) children are offered and fitted with a modern digital hearing instrument (hearing aid) within 2 weeks of confirmation of hearing loss by the consultant.
Staff you may meet
- Non-clinical support staff
- Other clinical staff