Paediatric children’s therapy service
The paediatric therapy service aims to enable the child to maximise their potential, in all aspects of daily life. The service works in close partnership with families, carers, schools, nurseries, and other professionals.
Paediatric therapists see children in clinics, children’s centres, nurseries, schools and in their homes.
Following assessment of your child’s needs, the following may be offered:
- Intervention and/or advice to promote fine motor skills and coordination
- Intervention and/or advice to promote visual perceptual skills
- Intervention and/or advice to promote self care skills
- Intervention and/or advice to promote sensory processing
- Assessment and advice regarding equipment and adaptations to aid activities of daily living
- Intervention and/or advice to promote gross motor skills and co-ordination
- Intervention and/or advice for physical difficulties (eg weak muscles, painful joints, postural problems)
- Assessment and advice for specialist equipment for standing and walking
Why would someone choose the service
- Assessment and therapy provided in a variety of settings across Barnsley to meet families needs
- Knowledge and skills to provide excellent outcomes and recovery
- Excellent links and joint working with other professionals e.g speech and language therapy, dietitians, doctors etc
- Flexibility in appointment times
- Various modes of therapy delivery e.g. individual treatment, telephone advice, group sessions.
- Patient centred approach to treatment
- Patient satisfaction survey results – 90% rated service as excellent, 10% rated as good
- 100% families surveyed stated they felt they were given enough time to discuss their concerns with the clinician
Staff you may meet
- Occupational therapist
- Other clinical staff