The podiatry service deals with the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of the foot, lower limb and associated structures. We treat both foot and lower limb conditions and provide walking analysis (gait assessments) which includes observation of the knees, hips and foot and joint function in order to prescribe orthotics to assist with walking and running problems.
The service also provides education and advice on ways that people can look after their own foot health including making appropriate footwear choices, in order to prevent complications.
Why would someone choose the service
- Assessment and treatment provided in a variety of settings across Barnsley to meet patients’ needs
- Knowledge and skills to provide excellent outcomes and recovery
- Excellent links and joint working with other professionals eg physiotherapy teams, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, dietitians, doctors, nurses etc
- Flexibility in appointment times including early morning clinics
- Patient-centered, comprehensive approach to treatment,
- Patient satisfaction survey results – 98% of patients stated they would recommend us to family and friends
Staff you may meet
- Other clinical staff