Specialist community falls service
The specialist community falls service provides high quality falls assessments, interventions and advice to people living in their own homes or care homes. Assessments are timely and comprehensive and are delivered at a location most suited to the patient – for example in their own home rather than in a clinical setting.
The service aims to prevent falls from occurring, where possible, by training staff in the use of tools and assessment to minimise the impact of a fall and to offer advice and appropriate managing techniques for those who have already fallen.
Why would someone choose the service
- The specialist community falls service offers assessment and therapy in a variety of settings across Barnsley to meet patients’ needs
- Staff within the service have the knowledge and skills to provide excellent outcomes and recovery
- We have excellent links and joint working with other professionals such as physiotherapy teams, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, dietitians and doctors
- The service offers various modes of therapy delivery e.g. individual treatment, fall prevention exercise programmes
- We ensure that care provided puts the person first and in the centre, taking all factors into consideration in our approach to treatment
- We all individuals to make self-referrals, allowing timely access to advice and assessment
Staff you may meet