Beechdale ward (The Dales)
Beechdale ward is a mixed sex inpatient unit for older people with mental health conditions. It is a ward on The Dales at Calderdale Royal Hospital.
The ward has 16 single rooms and four day areas for shorter-term treatment. The unit also provides an occupational therapy service with therapeutic activities and physiotherapy with gym facilities.
The ward has nurses, doctors, occupational therapy, physiotherapy and dietetic staff. The ward works with a team including social workers and community nurses who provide input into patient care and promote early discharge from the ward back into the community.
The ward also works closely with the intensive home based treatment team, who can provide care in people’s homes on a daily basis if required.
Why would someone choose the service
- 98% of people said they were treated by our service with dignity and respect.
- Our facilities are modern, designed to promote privacy and dignity, and have recently been decorated. We also have a fully equipped gym and occupational therapy department for patients to use.
- Our staff will help you work at your own pace and always respect your wishes.
- We run creativity sessions that all service users can take part in and we hold regular exhibitions of work.
- Over 90% of patients said we had fully met their expectations.
- We work closely with Huddersfield University, providing care, education and treatment in line with the latest research.
- 79% of people we worked with are now in training, education or work.
- We provide ‘person centred care’ – we develop a care plan around the needs of the service user and, if relevant, their carer(s).
- We work in a way that is focused on recovery putting service users and carers at the heart of what we do. We listen and act on what they have to say about our services and the way they are delivered.
- Our service is responsive 24/7.
- We work closely with many other agencies to ensure the best outcomes for service users and carers.
Staff you may meet
- Activity co-ordinator
- Non-clinical support staff
- Nursing assistant
- Occupational therapist
- Other clinical staff
- Social worker
- Specialist advisor
- Specialist health worker
- Support worker