Union housing scheme
The Union housing scheme provides long term accommodation with varied support options (e.g. activities of daily living, support with finances, assistance with medication) that are tailored to the individual needs of people recovering from mental health problems. This has meant ‘homes for life’ for some individuals, whilst others continue to move onto greater independence.
Each service user has an identified personal worker who is responsible the planning and evaluation of care given by the scheme.
The focus is on providing the support required to enable people to live valued lives in their communities and to achieve increased independence/social inclusion.
Why would someone choose the service
- The Union housing scheme has served the people of Calderdale for 26 years – keeping people out of hospital and helping them to live within their communities.
- People who use our service express high levels of satisfaction with the support they receive (85%) and the accommodation provided (84%).
- 91% of people who use the service would be likely to recommend it to others if they needed similar care or treatment.
- Our facilities are kept to a high standard of decoration and repair by our dedicated service.
Staff you may meet
- Non-clinical support staff
- Support worker