Community mental health team (CMHT) (CalderValley)
CalderValley community team provides assessment, support and care for people with complex mental health needs. These include moderate to severe depression, moderate to severe anxiety, and mood disorders including bipolar disorder, psychotic illnesses and personality disorders.
Psychiatrists, nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, and psychologists and administrative staff work together in the team to provide personalised care.
Care and support is provided in a variety of different settings including clinics, in the person’s home or in community settings to promote recovery and independence.
We also work closely with the Calderdale inclusion support service which promotes social, educational and work opportunities.
Why would someone choose the service
- Our staff are committed to ensuring service users receive the best care possible and are highly knowledgeable and skilled in the area of complex mental health care. Staff are trained in all areas of mental health care and we have a wide and varied skill mix of nurses, support workers, social workers and occupational therapists. We have a team of dedicated carer support workers who can offer support to carers and complete carers’ assessments.
- We are a centre of excellence for the training of student nurses within the mental health field.
- The service supports people with complex mental health needs in a way which focuses on their needs as an individual.
- The team works with service users and their carers to achieve a level of recovery suited to the individual, completing an ‘early warning relapse prevention plan’ with each service user to enable them to recognise the signs of relapse if necessary. This information is shared with a range of people with the service user’s permission.
- Service users are signposted to community facilities suitable for their needs.
Staff you may meet
- Activity co-ordinator
- Non-clinical support staff
- Nursing assistant
- Occupational therapist
- Other clinical staff
- Social worker
- Specialist advisor
- Specialist health worker
- Support worker