Barnsley tier 3 Change4Life weight management service
The tier 3 Change4Life weight management service is a specialist weight management service to support obese residence in Barnsley to achieve a healthier weight. This includes medical assessment of clients, treatments and lifestyle changes such as improved diet, increased physical activity, behavioural interventions, low and very low calorie diets, pharmacological treatments, psychological support and the consideration of referral for bariatric surgery if clinically appropriate.
The aim of the service is to reduce health risks, improve co-morbidity and encourage a healthy and active lifestyle with an overall improvement in health and wellbeing.
We provide one-to-one community clinics across the borough and offer an out-of-hours clinic once a week. We provide an information session on bariatric surgery for patients interested in learning more about bariatric surgery as an option to lose weight.
Why would someone choose the service
Results from our patient and public involvement survey, October 2016, showed the following:
- 100% of clients felt that the dietitian was knowledgeable about weight management.
- 100% of clients told us that they were given enough time to discuss their concerns.
- 99% of clients felt involved in their treatment plan to lose weight
- 100% of clients felt the dietitian gave them a clear focus on changed needed to lose weight
- 98% of clients felt that the wait to see the dietitian was about right.
Staff you may meet
- Care navigator
- Non-clinical support staff
- Nursing assistant
- Occupational therapist
- Other clinical staff
- Specialist advisor