Disabled children’s team
The disabled children’s team is run in partnership with Calderdale Council’s Children and Young People’s service. The team is made up from learning disability nurses, social workers and occupational therapists who provide support, advice and services to children with a disability up to the age of 18.
The team provide a range of support, including:
- Assessment, advice and guidance relating to challenging behaviours
- Support to try different ways of caring for disabled children
- Support to enable young people to develop life skills
- Support to address multiple and complex health needs
- Accessing support in the home or accessing leisure
- Assessment and advice around home adaptations
- Assessment and provision of specialist equipment
- Information about and signposting to other services
Why would someone choose the service
We are a specialist team who address the diverse range of the needs of disabled children. We are easily accessible, friendly and helpful.
The assessments, interventions ,advice and equipment that is needed by children accessing our service is tailored to provide individualised support in the child’s home, school or wherever they are at their best.
Staff you may meet
- Occupational therapist
- Social worker