Care management team
The care management service provides support for working age adults who have, or are likely to have, a psychotic illness with a significant level of complexity and disability.
The team provides an assessment service, and when needed will put together a package of care to meet service user’s and carer’s needs and to manage any assessed risks.
The service provides a range of medical, nursing, occupational and social interventions.
Why would someone choose the service
- We will assess service user’s needs within 14 days of the initial referral.
- All care packages are developed with service users and carers, and are regularly reviewed.
- The team can offer reviews by a medic when needed.
- We can enable service users to access funding for Self Directed Support (SDS – this allows people to choose how their support is provided, and gives them as much control as they want of their individual budget) where eligible.
- We have strong links with other community services, such as drug and alcohol support, women’s services, sports and health groups etc.
Staff you may meet
- Non-clinical support staff
- Occupational therapist
- Social worker
- Support worker