Kirklees memory service accepts referrals for those individuals aged 65 and over who are experiencing difficulties with memory/cognitive functioning. The service has a specialist team for those under 65 years of age called the Crowlees early onset dementia team. The memory service is a commissioned service that covers the whole of the Kirklees geographical area and has an agreed memory pathway.
The team specialises in assessment, diagnosis, and appropriate treatment to help with memory problems. For those diagnosed with dementia the memory service provides access to the full range of diagnostic and post diagnostic therapeutic services to support living well with dementia.
The team includes consultant psychiatrists, a clinical psychologist, advanced nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers and occupational therapists. The memory service works closely with other teams such as the community mental health team, GPs, social services, physiotherapists, admiral nurses and also voluntary sector services, such as Kirklees Dementia Hub.
Why would someone choose the service
- The memory service is MSNAP accredited and is reviewed for quality standards every two years.
- Kirklees memory service is based at Folly Hall Mills, which is very close to Huddersfield town centre. It is easily accessed by public transport, and has good disabled access. Facilities include allocated visitor parking close to the entrance, and a café on the ground floor. Clients and carers alike often comment on the warm welcome they receive from our staff, and how quickly they feel at ease.
- Our team is made up of highly skilled, experienced, caring staff who strive to ensure your experience of memory services is a positive one. We treat each and every person with dignity and respect, and always ensure that your assessment is not rushed, and all your concerns are heard.
- Depending on need we can, if necessary, visit your home to complete our assessment.
- We are working to deliver a 7 week pathway developing a cognitive stimulation therapy programme in collaboration with Community Links.
Staff you may meet
- Occupational therapist
- Other clinical staff
- Social worker