Single point of access
The Calderdale and Kirklees Single Point of Access team receives referrals for adult mental health services in Calderdale and Kirklees and also some older people’s referrals. The team screens all referrals for urgency i.e. whether they need a response within 4 hours or 14 days. They meet with people who have been triaged to need a routine face to face assessment of their needs (currently within 14 days).
Why would someone choose the service
- Feedback from the Customer Service Excellence review (an accreditation for organisations) said that the team provided a ‘single, unified and streamlined point of access that focuses on meeting service user needs in a safe and effective way’ and ‘the self referral option in Kirklees should be expanded across the full organisation’.
- Improved timeliness, especially for those in need of acute services.
- Following the least restrictive methods and supporting shorter stays in hospital.
- Working in a way that focuses on recovery, promoting hope and optimism.
- Access and signposting to other services in the community.
- Advice and information.
Staff you may meet
- Social worker