Live Well Wakefield
The Live Well Wakefield team understands that there are many things that can affect our ability to feel healthy and remain independent. We appreciate this and can offer individual support to help you address any needs.
The team consists of Live Well advisors who promote health and wellbeing in adults 18+ in the Wakefield District, by offering a referral based service. Advisors are able to meet with clients within their home or community setting, and discuss with them options available to support with maintaining their health and wellbeing.
The advisors can act as an advocate guiding a person through the varying health and social care pathways. The Live Well Wakefield team have extensive knowledge of services available throughout the district, and regularly update directories of social, exercise and support groups in your local area, which can support you in finding a meaningful activity.
Who can the Live Well Wakefield service help?
All adults who live in the Wakefield district who:
- Are in need of information, advice & support in coping with everyday life
- Are feeling alone or lonely and looking for social opportunities
- Are feeling low or anxious and unsure of services that could help
- Require support to manage their long term condition, or that of someone they care for
- Want to become more involved in the community
Why would someone choose the service
- The team will help to support people in maintaining their health independence
- We can provide support to navigate health and social care systems
- Provide links to social groups in local area
- The team helps people to better understanding their general health and behaviour and the ways in which it can have a positive and negative effect on health and wellbeing