Care management team (South Kirklees)
The South Kirklees care management community team service is for working age adults who have, or are likely to have, a psychotic illness with a significant degree of complexity and disability.
The team provide an assessment service, and when needed will put together a package of care to meet service user’s and carer’s needs and to manage any risks.
Service users can access a range of medical, nursing, occupational and social interventions within the context of the Care Programme Approach (CPA – a specific way of assessing and reviewing someone’s needs) framework.
Why would someone choose the service
- We will assess service user’s needs within 14 days of the initial referral into KSPA.
- All care packages are developed in conjunction with service users and carers, and are regularly reviewed.
- The team can offer timely reviews by a medic when needed.
- We can enable service users to access funding for Self Directed Support (SDS – gives service users more choice, control and power over the support they receive) where eligible.
- We have strong links with other community services, such as drug and alcohol support, women’s services, sports and health groups etc.
Staff you may meet
- Non-clinical support staff
- Nursing assistant
- Occupational therapist
- Other clinical staff
- Social worker
- Support worker