Community mental health team (CMHT) older people’s service (South Kirklees)
South Kirklees community mental health team (CMHT) provides assessment, support and care to people aged over 65 with dementia and/or mental health conditions.
The team aims to provide mental health services which put the individual first and recognise the needs of the diverse population of Kirklees. Members of staff from South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust work with staff from Kirklees Council to form a specialist integrated team.
Our timely and effective support promotes recovery and wellbeing and prevents relapse.
We encourage independence, maintain dignity, privacy, respect and ensure that the individual is given a choice in their care.
Why would someone choose the service
- The team provides a caring, empathic approach which ensures the needs of the service user are addressed in a timely and effective manner.
- The team makes sure service user feels respected and listened to and is involved in all aspects of their care.
- Following the initial assessment, the service user is allocated a care coordinator who is responsible for coordinating and signposting the service user to appropriate services to encourage recovery. The care coordinator develops a relationship with the service user to make sure their needs are met and understands their goals and aspirations for their future health and wellbeing.
- The care coordinator works within a team where the skills of other professionals are used to provide the best care possible.
Staff you may meet
- Non-clinical support staff
- Nursing assistant
- Occupational therapist
- Social worker