Tuberculosis (TB) service
Tuberculosis (TB) is a micro bacterial disease which can affect a number of different organisations in the body. The Barnsley and Wakefield TB service provides screening, advice and support to people in the Barnsley and Wakefield District being treated for TB and their family members.
The service runs a weekly clinic for TB screening and supports patients that are on treatment for TB through visitation, dietary advice, medication advice and specific public health advice on treatment and management.
The Barnsley and Wakefield TB service aims to provide access to high quality, easily accessible TB control and prevention.
Why would someone choose the service
- Friendly and knowledgeable staff
- We provide information on TB at social and health events throughout the Barnsleyand Wakefield district.
- We offer advice on signs and symptoms of TB, screening for family members and close relations.
- We provide TB screening for any family member or relation that has been in contact with someone with TB, and to any new entrant that registers with a GP in the Barnsley or Wakefield district
Staff you may meet
- Non-clinical support staff