Do you want help with any of the following?
- Healthy eating
- Losing weight
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Stopping smoking
- Cutting down on alcohol
- Physical activity
- Social isolation
If you answered yes to any of the above and you live in Wakefield, are registered to a GP in Wakefield or work in Wakefield, then why not get in touch with the Trust’s Health Trainers to find out how they could help you.
What is a Health Trainer?
A Health Trainer is:
- Someone who can provide support and motivation to anyone who is aged 16+ who wants to make a healthy lifestyle change.
- Someone who has been trained to help people cope with a range of different issues which can affect our day to day life.
- Someone who can see you on a one-to-one basis in a community venue close to where you live.
- Someone who has a local knowledge of people, groups and services.
The Health Trainer service is completely FREE and confidential.
More information about the team is available in this health trainers leaflet (PDF, 217KB) or to make an appointment with the team please call the main office Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm on:
Tel: 01977 665717 (24hr confidential answer machine available out of hours) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about the Health Trainers and their activities, take a look at their newsletter:
- Issue 3 newsletter – Autumn 2013 (PDF)
- Issue 2 newsletter – Winter 2012 (PDF, 1MB)
- Issue 1 newsletter – Summer 2012 (PDF, 446KB)
Shape Your Weight
Lose weight the healthy way
Do you want to lose weight? Are you motivated to make some lifestyle changes?
If you answered ‘yes’ then the Shape Your Weight programme could be what you are looking for. Shape Your Weight is a free weight loss programme designed to help you enjoy a healthier way of life, run by the Trust’s Health Trainers in Wakefield.
The Shape Your Weight programme offers the following:
- A free 12 week programme run by trained professionals
- Group sessions run across the district
- 1:1 support
- Help and support about healthy eating, cooking, physical activity and lifestyle changes
For more information about the programme, take a look at this patient guide (PDF, 477KB).
Shape Your Weight is right for you if you are…
- Over 16 years old
- Registered with a GP in the Wakefield district
- BMI of 30 or over
- Wanting to reach a healthy weight
- Willing to attend regular sessions over 12 weeks
To join the programme or for more information call 01977 665717 and our friendly team will ask a few easy questions and talk through the options available to you.
The programme is run at a number of venues across the district including:
- Glasshoughton Healthy Living Centre
- Castleford, Normanton and District Hospital
- Agbrigg and Belle Vue Community Centre
- Langthwaite House
- Thornycroft: The Yorkshire Coalfield Resource Centre, Halfpenny Lane, Pontefract, West Yorkshire WF8 4AY
- Ossett Health Village
- St George’s Community Centre
- Normanton Library
Page last updated on November 22nd, 2013