There are lots of ways to get involved with the Mental Health Museum;
- ‘Like’ our facebook page to keep up-to-date with museum developments, interesting articles and for a ‘behind the scenes’ look at our collection!
- Take part in our Student Placement Scheme
- Become a museum volunteer
Becoming a museum volunteer
Becoming a volunteer with the Mental Health Museum is a fantastic way of;
- Making friends
- Learning new skills
- Using your current skills and experiences to help others
- Contributing to our important Mission and Statement of Purpose
- Developing your confidence
It would be impossible to develop the Mental Health Museum without our volunteers and we know how important it is for volunteers to leave our museum with improved confidence and a feeling of accomplishment.
There are lots of different tasks that volunteers do with us. Here are just some of the voluntary tasks we offer our volunteers.
- Object research
- Display material – text panels, labels, information sheets etc.
- Workshop facilitation
- Educational learning programme support
- Communications marketing
- Accessibility and inclusion support
- Collection management support
Volunteer opportunities currently available at the Mental Health Museum:
If you are interested in volunteering with the Mental Health Museum complete the Trust’s ‘I would like to volunteer’ form, or contact the museum team for an informal discussion on 01924 328 654.
Mental Health Museum
Tel: 01924 328 654
The museum office is open Monday – Friday between 10am – 5pm.