We’re South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust’s safeguarding children team. We offer support to Wakefield, Barnsley, Kirklees and Calderdale.
Keeping young people and children safe is everyone’s business. If you have the slightest concerns about a child or young person’s welfare please don’t ignore it – do something about it.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and works in partnership with a range of other agencies to ensure appropriate actions are taken locally to protect children.
Additionally the Trust has robust policies in place to ensure that South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust follows best practice and fulfils its statutory requirements with regard to safeguarding and protecting children and young people:
If you need advice on any children’s safeguarding related matter you can contact the safeguarding team’s duty service for advice and support.
How to get in touch:
• Contact the admin support team at Lundwood Health Centre on 01226 645053 or Wakefield on 01924 327506 for advice.
• The admin support team will then arrange a duty worker to return your call at the earliest opportunity, usually within four working hours.
• Please note – do not email or leave messages on individual staff mobiles for initial advice requests as these may be missed if staff are on annual leave or in training etc.
However, if you feel a child may be at risk and you require immediate help, please contact your local Social Care Service for advice.
Never, ever do nothing!
- Emma Cox, named nurse
- Shelley Knight, nurse advisor
- Sarah Moss, nurse advisor
- Gillian Teoli, nurse advisor
Admin support team (at Lundwood health centre, Barnsley unless stated):
- Jeanne Mitchell, coordinating office at Fieldhead, Wakefield, 01924 327506
- Maureen Pearson, clerical officer/MARAC co-ordinator, 01226 645053
If the named nurses are unavailable by phone or email and you are worried that a child is being abused and need further advice, contact the children’s social care services in your area.