Why join us?
You want to join us because you’re kind, caring and compassionate. You put the person first and in the centre. You know that families and carers matter. You are respectful, honest, open and transparent. You seek to improve and aim to be outstanding. You’re relevant today and ready for tomorrow.
You want to join us because we’re an award-winning mental health, learning disability, and community service provider offering care and treatment to over 1 million people in Barnsley, Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield. You want to help us to provide outstanding physical, mental and social care in a modern health and care system. You want to help us to help people reach their potential and live well in their community.
Join us and you’ll get:
- Excellent annual leave entitlement: 27 days, rising to 29 after 5 years NHS service and rising to 33 after 10 years service.
- NHS Pension Scheme – excellent package of pension benefits, fully protected against inflation and guaranteed by the government
- Dedicated occupational health and wellbeing service
- Flexible retirement scheme
- Lease car and mobile phone scheme
- Membership and close working relationships with staff side organisations (eg UNISON)
- Long service awards and gifts
- Professional leadership arrangements
- Flexible working practices
- Fantastic opportunities for enhancing your training and development
- Chaplaincy services
- Career breaks
- Child care facilities, including childcare teams, nurseries and out of school clubs
- Access to libraries and learning centres
- Special leave policies
- Variety of discounts from local attractions and businesses
- Confidential staff counselling service