Why join us?
The Trust is built on the dedication and hard work of our staff and we are very proud of our workforce.
We are an Investors in People organisation. IiP is a highly prestigious and much sought-after national standard of good employment practice and organisational improvement, this proves our commitment to supporting and developing our workforce.
A range of benefits are offered to all Trust staff, here are just some of them:
- Excellent annual leave entitlement: 27 days, rising to 29 after 5 years NHS service and rising to 33 after 10 yrs service.
- NHS Pension Scheme – excellent package of pension benefits, fully protected against inflation and guaranteed by the government
- We have a staff awards scheme called ‘Excellence’ which aims to recognise, praise and celebrate the achievements of our staff and services.
- Dedicated occupational health and wellbeing service
- Flexible retirement scheme
- Lease car and mobile phone scheme
- Membership and close working relationships with staff side organisations (eg UNISON)
- Long service awards and gifts
- Professional leadership arrangements
- Flexible working practices
- Fantastic opportunities for enhancing your training and development
- Chaplaincy services
- Career breaks
- Child care facilities, including childcare teams, nurseries and out of school clubs
- Multi-disciplinary libraries and learning centres
- Special leave policies
- Variety of discounts from local attractions and businesses
- Confidential staff counselling service
What existing Trust staff have to say about working here:
“This is a caring organisation that anybody would be proud to be part of. If you want to work in our services then you should have passion, respect and pride in working with, and for, people.”
“To see people who have used our services coming back to visit and say ‘thank you’ gives a lot of job satisfaction. Working here, you can make a difference.”
Clinical nurse specialist
“I like the way staff in this organisation strive for excellence to improve the quality of services and how this is supported by the Trust’s value base.”
Lecturer and forensic practitioner
“I have worked for other Trusts across the country and this is the best one for me. Staff are listened to and the Trust genuinely wants staff to enjoy their work by being flexible to their needs. People should take the opportunity to work at the Trust, as not all organisations are like this one.”
Practice effectiveness manager
“Working here gives you a great sense of achievement. People should open up their views and come here to work because it’s so rewarding.”
“It took me 6 months to try and persuade a man who hadn’t been out of the house for 13 years to come to the group. Seeing him outside after all those years and knowing that while he was out his carers would get a break, was extremely rewarding. There is no amount of money that can be rewarding in the same way.”
“One of the best things about work is my colleagues, I work in a really good team, everyone is friendly and we all get on and work well together.”
Page last updated on July 30th, 2012