What causes stress?
There are several factors which can cause stress at work. These include:
- The type of work you do. Long hours, heavy workload, infrequent breaks, boring tasks that don’t use your skills, poorly defined goals, too much responsibility.
- Feeling left out of decisions, poor communication, lack of family-friendly policies.
- Receiving no help or support from co-workers and supervisors, conflicting expectations
- Worries about job stability lack of opportunity for growth or advancement.
- Working in an unhealthy environment. Unpleasant or dangerous physical conditions, such as overcrowding, noise, air pollution, ergonomic problems.
Page last updated on July 23rd, 2012