Local people in Barnsley are invited to join in with a week of sporting and physical activities in June to boost their fitness levels, improve their wellbeing and have fun!
South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust has organised a special week of activities, running from Monday 10th June to Friday 14 June. Activities have been organised in venues across the district and include dance sessions, badminton matches, football tournaments and cricket games.
The timetable of activities for the week includes:
- Monday 10 June – Dance session at Barnsley Civic Theatre, 1030am – 4.00pm
- Tuesday 11 June – Badminton & table tennis tournament at Hoyland leisure centre, 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Wednesday 12 June – Cricket & netball tournament at Shaw Lane Rugby club, 10.00am – 4.00pm
- Thursday 13 June – Football tournament at Barnsley FC, 1.00pm – 6.00pm
- Friday 14 June – Together run starting at Locke Park, 9.30am
The activities have been organised by the Trust’s physical activity development team, who support people, regardless of ability, to get involved in sporting activities to build their confidence.
Jane Baker, physical activity assistant in the team said, “We have organised the week of activities in June to give local people the opportunity to get involved in a sport, try something they’ve never done before and enjoy the benefits of doing physical activity. Not only does physical activity boost your fitness levels, it also helps boost your mental wellbeing by relieving stress, boosting confidence and encouraging participation in a social event.
“These activities build on the success of the activities we ran last summer, which aimed to use the spirit of London 2012 to get people involved. This year’s activities are open to everyone including those who use our services in Barnsley, their carers, family and friends and are completely free to enter.”
For more information about the week of activities contact Jane on 01226 434784 or email firstname.lastname@example.org