Cook and Eat cook books launch party
Practice your kitchen skills?
Learn how to make your favourite food?
The Cook and Eat cook books can help you do all these things!
There are four books in the cook and eat series:
- Small meals – things you might eat at lunchtime
- Big meals – things you might eat at tea time
- Cooking from scratch – meals you might make if you enjoy cooking
- Baking – easy and hard recipes for baking
The books have been written so that people with learning disabilities can follow the recipes and make meals on their own or with help from another person.
The recipes are easy to follow because:
- they are step by step
- you only need to do one thing at a time
- it doesn’t matter how long it takes
- there are photos and easy words to follow
- everything is measured and timed, so you don’t have to guess
The cook and eat cook books will be launched at a special event on Wednesday 23 October and everyone is invited!
When: Wednesday 23 October
Where: Pennine Camphill Community
Time: 10.30 am – 1.30 pm
You are invited to come along to the launch if you would like to find out more about the cook books, watch people cooking recipes from them or have a go at cooking with them yourself!
There will also be a disco, hosted by Dr Bipin Upadhyay from 12.30 and a light buffet will be provided
More information about the launch party is available in this launch party poster ( PDF 634 KB) or by contacting Kerry Delaney, occupational therapist at the Trust and author of the books on 01924 327518