West Yorkshire and Harrogate Suicide Bereavement Service will open to referrals on Monday 2 December 2019. Referrals can be made through the website or by calling 0113 305 5800 and asking for a referral to be taken over the phone. Practitioners will be based in: Support 2 Recovery in Huddersfield, Mind in Bradford and Mind in Harrogate but meeting locations will be flexible. Initial phone call assessments will be made after referral and people can be supported through one to one peer support or peer support groups.
Support groups will begin running in December:
- Kirklees group: Thursday 5 December, 6 – 7.30pm at Support to Recovery – S2R CREATE SPACE, Brook Street, Huddersfield, HD1 1EB
- Bradford group: Friday 6 December, 6 – 8pm at Mind in Bradford – KenBurgh House, 28 Manor Row, Bradford, BD1 4QU
- Harrogate group: Monday 9 December, 6 – 8pm at Mind in Harrogate – Acorn Centre, 101A Station Parade, Harrogate HG1 1HB
- Wakefield group: Wednesday 11 December, 6 – 8pm at Lightwaves Leisure Centre, Lower York St, Wakefield, WF1 3LJ
- Calderdale group: Wednesday 18 December, 6 – 8pm at Halifax Fire Station, Skircoat Moor Road, King Cross, Halifax, HX1 3JF
- Craven group: Wednesday 18 December, 6 – 8pm at The Victoria Hall Theatre, Bury Road, Old Harlow, CM17 0ED
Anyone bereaved by suicide is welcome to attend any of the groups, no need to let the service know beforehand – this is irrespective of whether a suicide conclusion was found at inquest or if you haven’t had the inquest yet. All welcome whether your loss was a friend, colleague, family member, client or neighbour. The service also support people who found the deceased.