Our place in the health and care systems
To help people live well in their communities we understand that services need to be joined up, responsive and delivered as close to people’s homes as possible. We know that to achieve this we need to work together across the whole health and social care sector. We are committed to helping join up care wherever possible and are working in partnership on a local level in each of our areas to make this happen.
The map below shows the areas we operate in and the partners we work with:
Integrated Care Systems
We are partners in the West Yorkshire Health and Care Partnership and the South Yorkshire Integrated Care System. Integrated care systems (commonly referred to as ICSs) are partnerships of organisations that come together to plan and deliver joined up health and care services, to improve the lives of people who live and work in their area.
Integral to the smooth running of ICSs are Integrated Care Boards (ICBs), which provide a local focus and help commission and support local services. We are a part of all of the ICBs in our areas.
We are also a leading partner in a number of provider collaboratives across the ICS areas. These include the:
- South Yorkshire Mental Health, Learning Disability and Autism Alliance
- South Yorkshire Adult Secure Provider Collaborative
- West Yorkshire Adult Secure Provider Collaborative
- West Yorkshire Adult Eating Disorders
- West Yorkshire Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- West Yorkshire Mental Health, Learning Disability and Autism Collaborative
We are committed to the drive to join up care on a local level too. So we are a leading partner in a number of provider alliances across our areas. Provider alliances bring together partners in local areas who are committed to joining up services across different organisations to create a more seamless patient journey
These include the:
- Barnsley Community Health and Care Alliance
- Calderdale Cares
- Wakefield Integrated Care Partnership
- Wakefield Mental Health Alliance
We work in a partnership system and aim to always be a good partner. Our commitment to working collaboratively with our partners is reflected in our strategic ambitions.
Page last updated on: