Information and resources
From information, apps to free online workouts we’ve got you covered.
Mental health information and support
- NHS England: Mental health and wellbeing
- Every Mind Matters: Coronavirus and mental wellbeing
- Public Health England: COVID-19: guidance for the public on mental health and wellbeing (including an Easy Read version)
- Mind: Coronavirus and your wellbeing
- Mental Health Foundation: Looking after your mental health during the Coronavirus outbreak
- Samaritans: If you’re worried about your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak
- Health Unlocked has more than 700 online communities to help you connect with people who have a similar health condition.
Activities and resources
Mental health and wellbeing
- NHS.uk has a range of audio guides that cover a range of topics such as anxiety and unhelpful thinking
- NHS.uk has an approved list of mental health helplines and websites, with the majority of websites having a specific area for coronavirus mental health support
- NHS.uk also has an App Library to help you find apps and online tools to help you manage your health and wellbeing.
Mindfulness and relaxation
- The Mental Health Foundation have a range of wellbeing podcasts
- The Be Mindful course (£30 fee) can help you in reducing stress, depression and anxiety. It guides you through the elements of mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT)
- Join the Movement of Yorkshire Sport Foundation have a range of online information and resources to help you to #StayInWorkOut. They also have an online physical activity finder showing virtual activities available from different organisation and clubs for different age groups and interests
- Sport England has compiled a list of ways we can all stay active whilst social distancing or from home. From home work-outs to getting fit with the kids
- The Body Coach has over 250 free home work-outs for all fitness levels
- Active Calderdale have launched their Keeping active during Covid-19 campaign; which has ideas and links for people of all abilities
- Public Health England have produced a Active at Home booklet for older adults to provide practical guidance on home-based activities to maintain their strength and balance.
- Celebrity singers from around the world are support the World Health Organisation and Global Citizen’s #TogetherAtHome initiative and live-streaming virtual concerts through their social media channels. Missed the live-streaming? Catch all past performances
- Barnsley community responders
- Calderdale community response
- Kirklees community response
Page last updated on: