Reds in the Community (RitC) have developed an online and digital offer to reach and support local people across Barnsley during the coronavirus pandemic.
Activities will include:
- Online festivals: Recently delivered an inclusive festival to disabled people through a closed Facebook group. RitC are supporting 19 primary schools by providing challenges, resources and activities through the English Football Leagues’ “Joy of Moving” home-school festival. Further festivals to reach more children and families are currently being planned.
- Online events: Planning virtual sports-days, in conjunction with primary schools, to bring children together (those at home and in school) through sport/exercise.
- Learning resources/lessons: Producing Barnsley FC learning resources on maths, English, Personal, Social, Health and Economic education and PE to engage primary students during this period.
- Online challenges: Creating physical activity challenges to encourage children/young people to stay active and healthy.
- Virtual workshops: Workshops comprising exercise ideas and reiterating the importance of staying healthy.
- Targeted support: Supporting vulnerable participants through closed Facebook and WhatsApp groups including young people with disabilities and those with mental health challenges.
- Education courses: Supporting over 100 students to achieve nationally recognised qualifications whilst also enrolling the next cohort for the coming September.