Recovery and wellbeing college, Barnsley
The Exchange is our growing recovery and wellbeing college based in Barnsley.
We are open to all adults who would like to improve their mental wellbeing or knowledge to aid their work with others. We offer a range of courses and one-off workshops which all aim to improve wellbeing through learning.
Popular courses include:
- Wellness recovery action planning (WRAP®)
- Exploring resilience
- Managing depression
- Assertiveness confidence and communication
- Feel the fear: Exploring anxiety
- Enrolments were up 44% on the previous year.
- 16 of our volunteers went into paid employment (10) or other volunteering opportunities (6) – 100% increase from the previous year!
- 16 of our volunteers went into further education – an increase of 33% from the previous year.
- 17% of our learners were in full or part-time employment.
- 63% of our learners had a mental health condition.
- 11% of our learners were carers.
- 72% of our learners would recommend us to family and friends.
Please see our current prospectus for course information and dates.
Our courses focus on being mentally and physically healthy, staying well and developing the knowledge and strength to overcome the challenges that we can all face at times in our lives.
Courses aren’t therapy – our aim is to provide a positive learning approach in which we all share knowledge and provide the space to reflect on your own health and understanding.
“I am passionate and thankful to the Recovery College (as are my friends, family, mental health team and employer) for their support, dedication and guidance through a very bleak period of time in my life”
How to enrol
It’s easy to enrol—either use the external link below or fill in the form in the Barnsley Recovery College Prospectus and post/email it to us or contact one of the team if you require more information.
There may be a charge for people in full or part-time work wanting to enrol on W.E.A courses. All other courses, workshops and events are free to attend. You don’t need to be referred to The Exchange, you can just enrol on a course.
Contact us to book on a course or if you have any questions about courses available.
Tel: 01226 730433
Address: The Exchange Recovery College
33 Gawber Road