Wakefield Recovery College
Recovery is a personal journey – it’s about building lives, creating opportunities, taking control and instilling hope.
Wakefield and 5 Towns Recovery College offers a wide range of recovery-focused educational courses.
We provide courses that can help you on your recovery journey.
- Find your skills
- Discover your strengths
- Explore your potential to volunteer
- Recognise yourself
Courses include condition-specific courses, such as living with anxiety and busting stress. In addition, a number of educational courses are available, including creative writing and IT for beginners.
The College is based at Drury Lane Health and Wellbeing Centre in Wakefield. Courses take place here and at lots of community venues across Wakefield and the 5 towns. We’ve created a venue directory which includes maps and directions to the venues where we may hold our courses. Please note that parking charges were correct at the time of publication (June 2016).
The Wakefield and 5 Towns Recovery College has been developed in partnership with people who have experience of health problems, health professionals and local people – ensuring that courses are offered to support the needs of people in our local community.
What courses are available?
Have a look at our quick course guide to see what’s coming up.
Or our breakdown of what upcoming courses are available:
- 18 July- 2-4pm, Appreciating bipolar disorder, Baghill Health and Wellbeing Centre, Pontefract
- 19 July- 10:30am-12:30pm, Improving your sleep, Baghill Health and Wellbeing Centre, Pontefract
- 19 July- 1:30-2:30pm, Coppafeel, Drury Lane Health and Wellbeing Centre, Wakefield
- 20 July- 10am-12pm, Living with anxiety, Baghill Health and Wellbeing Centre, Pontefract
- 20 August- 1-3pm, Understanding hearing voices, Baghill House Health and Wellbeing Centre, Pontefract
- 21 August- 1-3:30pm, Medication and me, Baghill House Health and Wellbeing Centre, Pontefract
- 24 August- 10am-12pm, Living with anxiety, Drury Lane Health and Wellbeing Centre, Wakefield
- 24 August- 12:30-4pm, Understanding therapy, Baghill House Health and Wellbeing Centre, Pontefract
- 29 August- 1-3:30pm, An introduction to tandem cycling, Thornes Park
- 31 August- 10am-1pm, Woodland skills, Bullcliffe Woods
- 31 August- 1-4pm, Getting creative: Caring for carers, Bullcliffe Woods
Enrol on a course
If you’d like to book on to a course – please complete the enrolment form at the back of the prospectus and send it to the postal address below.
You can download our enrolment form for our new Autumn/Winter 2018 courses as well.
Contact the Wakefield and 5 Towns Recovery College if you have any questions about courses available, how to enrol or if you would like to get involved with running a course:
Tel: 01924 316946
Wakefield and 5 Towns Recovery College,
Drury Lane Health and Wellbeing Centre,