About the service
The oral health team offer support, advice, training and resources to health professionals across a number of programme areas. These include:
- Toothbrushing in schools – training and resources provided to schools and pre-school settings to enable staff to deliver the scheme within their venues. The scheme involves staff supervising toothbrushing activity with children each day and staff are encouraged to link this with curriculum activities to meet health and educational objectives.
- Cute Fruit Plus Dental Health Award – This award is given to pre-school settings, including childminders, children’s centres, nurseries and other settings to encourage good practice in relation to dental health. Services staff receive a short training session covering good practice, health promotion policies, and guidelines to support implementation. Resources and ongoing support is provided as required and services are re-accredited on a 2 year basis.
- Coordination of Brushing for Life Scheme- we provide resources and training (as required) to health visiting teams to support them in discussing oral health with new parents to support child development.
- Oral care workshops – provision of training and support to services and teams working with vulnerable service users who require support regarding personal care, this could include older people or individuals with physical and/or mental impairment.
Why would someone choose the service?
- Our service supports organisations to deliver evidenced-based interventions which support the health and wellbeing of service users
- Our oral health programmes have been developed over a number of years and our team offers support and advice-based on extensive experience in oral health promotion
Staff you may meet
- We have a range of health workers who all have different specialities. This could be in a certain condition, a therapy or the advice they can give you. Our specialists our highly skilled and trained professionals, ready to offer you help and advice whenever you need it.