We are running a series of inclusive art activities for people with learning disabilities. The activities focus on drama, art, dance and music and encourage participants to explore what makes them ‘feel good’ and the support available to local communities to meet their individual needs.
Attending the sessions will be an opportunity to socialise with others as well as build skills and confidence.
During the project, we also hope to make a short film, through which the participants can share their experiences and opinions. The film will be shown to others with learning disabilities to demonstrate what they can achieve.
Through this project we aim to:
- improve participants mood
- help people to develop positive friendships and networks
- give people the chance to engage with an adult education activity
- share learning developed with peers
- encourage people to develop an interest and skills in one or more art form
This project is intended to be a stepping stone for adults with learning disabilities who are isolated, to build their confidence, skills and widen their social networks. As part of the project, participants will be supported to identify ongoing, affordable, community activities that they can access to continue improving their health and wellbeing.