During the coronavirus pandemic, Butterflies is working in new ways to continue to support local people.
- Training and using volunteers to offer support and welfare checks on members
- Working closely with Qdos Creates to offer accessible online activities for all members
- Working closely with Barnsley Museum to distribute activity and reminiscence packs to all members
- Offering advice where possible, food distribution and collection together with medication pick ups if needed
- Work with NHS in various regions regarding new online support, virtual diagnosis and working with fraility scales with regards to hospital entry
- To work together with Barnsley Council and carry out telephone support in out of office hours and weekends, working with a bank of third sector dementia support groups within the Barnsley area.
For more information, contact: Julie Brown, project manager.