What’s it about?
This is a lottery funded project which aims to recruit, train and support volunteers to facilitate groups of people who want to enjoy literature and reading in all its forms. This is called bibliotherapy. It will offer a service to wards, care homes, community centres, libraries and anywhere that groups are formed or want to form. At least two new community groups will be set up as well as an inspiring conference on best practice in bibliotherapy. It is particularly targeted at people with lived experience of mental health issues and their carers.
Who’s it for?
- Anyone with an interest in literature or bibliotherapy
- Anyone who wants to volunteer to facilitate groups
- Groups who need assistance with facilitation
- Organisations who want to start groups
- Trust NHS staff who want to train to run groups
All year round, 2018-2020.
Groups will be in various locations throughout Kirklees. Volunteering Kirklees is based at: 12 New Street, Huddersfield, HD1 2AR.
To access this project please contact Elaine Duffy, project coordinator, by emailing email@example.com or calling 01484 519053.