About our consultation
We are asking for your views on how we could create specialist inpatient wards for people living with dementia and dedicated inpatient wards for other older people’s mental health needs (known as ‘functional mental health needs’), in Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield.
You can read about our consultation in the following ways:
Our summary consultation document is also available as an Easy Read document which you can download here.
You can watch a video (below) which explains our current services, and why we are proposing changes.
- You can read a transcript of our consultation video here.
- A British Sign Language (BSL) version of the video is also available to watch via YouTube here.
Our animation explains the proposed options for where specialist older people’s mental health inpatient wards could be located.
- You can read a transcript of our animation here.
- A British Sign Language (BSL) version of the animation is available to watch on YouTube here.
Our consultation information in other formats
The following information is available in Easy Read:
If you use assistive software to help with reading documents, you can also take a look at our consultation documents in the following ways:
- Main consultation document – Word version
- Main consultation document – text only webpages
- Summary consultation document – Word version
- Summary consultation document – text only webpages
If you need to request information in other formats to those which are available on our website, please contact us.
How to give your views
Once you have information about our proposed changes, please fill out our survey. You can do this by:
- Filling out an online survey,
- Completing a paper copy of our survey and return it in the post using the freepost envelope provided (no stamp needed). Paper copies of the survey can be found on our older people’s mental health inpatient wards, in our Trust services across Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield, and you can ask a local GP practice or pharmacy for a copy.
- If you do need any support or help to complete the survey call us on our freephone number – 0800 587 2108 – leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.
If you would like any further information about how to give your views, please contact us.
The consultation will close on Friday 29 March 2024.
Thank you for your interest in the consultation. Your views are important to us and will be used to inform our decision.