Speech and Language Therapy appointments in a health centre
You may be offered a face to face appointment in a health centre because we need to either carry out an assessment or demonstrate an activity that cannot be done over videocall. Once completed, further appointments will be by videocall.
We run clinics in the following locations:
- The Roundhouse Centre, Wakefield Road, Athersley, S71 1TH
- The Cudworth Centre, Carlton Street Cudworth, S72 8SU
- The Hoyland Centre, Hoyland, S74 9AF
- New Street Health Centre, Upper New Street, Barnsley, S70 1LP
- Penistone Health Centre, Shrewsbury Road, Penistone, S36 6DY
- The Thurnscoe Centre, Hollybush Drive, Thurnscoe S63 0LT
- Chapelfield Medical Centre, Mayflower Way, Wombwell, S73 0AJ
- Worsbrough Centre, Powell Street, Barnsley, S70 5NZ
On the day of the appointment:
- The Speech and Language Therapist will contact you by text message or telephone, at the agreed time to check if anyone in your household has Covid-19. If we cannot contact you, the appointment will be cancelled, and your child will be discharged.
- The Therapist will cancel and rearrange your appointment if any member of your household or family:
- has a confirmed diagnosis of Covid-19
- is awaiting a Covid-19 test result
- has travelled abroad to a country that is not in the Government approved safe travel list in the last 14 days
- has had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of Covid-19 in the last 14 days
- has been in isolation with a suspected case of Covid-19 in the last 14 days
- has any of the following symptoms:
- A high temperature
- A loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
- A new, continuous cough
Attending the appointment:
- ONE adult can attend with your child.
- Do not arrive early as there are limited places to wait.
- If possible, bring a mobile phone to your appointment and have it switched on.
- Adults need to wear a face covering. Your child does not need to wear a face covering
- Adults need to sit at least 2 metres away from the Therapist
Before and after the appointment the Therapist will:
- Clean the clinic room
- Clean any equipment/toys
- Sanitise their hands
As the therapist will need to be less than 2 metres away from your child they will be wearing:
- A face mask
- Disposable gloves
- A disposable apron
- Eye protection
If needed, the therapist will arrange a date with you to talk through the assessment results by videocall.
Here is a short story with pictures that you can show your child, so they know what to expect.