Your child may benefit from support through a video call. The therapist will talk to you about how we can offer the video call, for example through Microsoft Teams or WhatsApp and will explain what you need to do.
Emily, one of our therapists, has recorded a video to provide an overview of what to expect from video therapy.
Top tips for making the most of your video appointment
Make sure you are ready for your appointment:
- For Microsoft Teams calls we send an invitation by email. Click on the link in the email to join the call.
- Try to be somewhere quiet.
- As you will be giving us confidential information, consider who else may be able to hear you talking.
- Make sure the device you choose to use is fully charged as this will help the connection.
- Sit somewhere so you and and your child can easily see the screen.
- It can be helpful to have pen and paper handy just in case you need to write anything down.
Phone and video appointments are also NHS appointments. Please answer at your booked appointment time. If we can’t get hold of you, we will discharge your child. If you can’t keep your appointment, cancel by ringing 01226 644331 or by email on: email@example.com. If you cancel two consecutive appointments or there is a frequent pattern of cancellations, we may discharge your child.