Speech Therapy Appointments in School or Nursery
– Information for school staff
Some children may be offered a face to face appointment in their school or setting because we need to either carry out an assessment or demonstrate an activity that cannot be done over videocall. Once completed, further appointments will be by videocall.
On the day of the appointment:
- The Speech and Language Therapist will contact your school or setting to check that it is safe for them to attend due to Covid-19.
- The Therapist will cancel and rearrange the appointment if the child’s bubble is closed
During the appointment:
- The Therapist would appreciate it if the room for the appointment was ventilated by opening a door or window.
- The child must be accompanied by a staff member who should remain at least 2 metres away from the Therapist.
- As the Therapist will need to be less than 2 metres away from the child, they will be wearing the following Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- A face mask
- Disposable gloves
- A disposable apron
- Eye protection
- The Therapist will ask to dispose of their PPE in your waste stream.
- If needed, the Therapist will arrange to give you feedback on the appointment via videocall.
Before and after the appointment the Therapist will:
- Clean any equipment/toys
- Sanitise their hands
Here is a short story with pictures which you can show the child so they know what to expect when we visit Social story – My speech therapist is coming to see me in my school