Speech Therapy Appointments in School or Nursery
– Information for school staff
Some children may be offered a face to face appointment in their school or setting.
If the child is not in school, please cancel by calling 01226 644331.
During the appointment:
- The Therapist would appreciate it if the room for the appointment was ventilated by opening a door or window.
- The child must be accompanied by a staff member.
- The Therapist will be wearing PPE in line with Trust guidelines. If you would like the Therapist to wear PPE, please let us know before the appointment.
- The Therapist may ask to dispose of their PPE in your waste stream.
Before and after the appointment the Therapist will:
- Clean any equipment/toys
- Sanitise their hands
Here is a short story with pictures which you can show the child so they know what to expect when we visit Social story – My speech therapist is coming to see me in my school