Triangle of Care
Our Trust is now a member of the Triangle of Care. The membership scheme recognises long-term commitment from mental health providers in creating collaboration and partnership with carers in people’s journey through our services.
As part of our commitment to keeping carers and families of people who use our services informed and supported, we are introducing the Triangle of Care model in all services across our Trust.
The Triangle of Care means including carers at all levels of care, giving them equity in the service user journey. Using the Triangle of Care will help promote safety, support recovery and improve wellbeing.
There are six key standards which make up the Triangle of Care:
- Carers and the essential role they play are identified at first contact or as soon as possible thereafter.
- Staff are ‘carer aware’ and trained in carer engagement strategies.
- Policy and practice protocols about confidentiality and sharing information are in place.
- Defined post(s) responsible for carers are in place.
- A carer introduction to the service and staff is available, with a relevant range of information across the care pathway.
- A range of carer support services are available.
Page last updated on: