Rob joined our Trust from the NHS Confederation, where he was chief executive for over two years. He has worked in healthcare since 1990, including national roles at the Department of Health on policy, transformation and delivery. He has been a director for both the Prime Minister’s Delivery Unit in the Cabinet Office and a national public/private partnership.
Rob also spent seven years as a successful chief executive in the NHS in West Yorkshire, running a commissioning organisation (NHS Calderdale) and a provider organisation (Leeds Community Healthcare NHS Trust). He has been a trustee at Leeds Mencap and has chaired formal national networks including cancer, primary care, community services and learning disabilities
As well as leading the Trust, Rob is leading the work of the West Yorkshire and Harrogate integrated care system (ICS). This sees him bringing together West Yorkshire health and care leaders, organisations and communities to develop local plans for improved health, care and finances over the next five years.
Rob is defined by a values based approach to leadership. He has a history of effective partnership working and a strong commitment to system leadership. He is a visiting professor at the school of health and care at Leeds Beckett University and an honorary fellow of both the Queen’s Nursing Institute and the Royal College of GPs. He is also a fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce.
- West Yorkshire Mental Health Services Collaborative (WYMHSC) Committee in Common – member (lead director)
- Chair, Stakeholder Advisory Board for Rapid Service Evaluation Team, Nuffield Trust
- Visiting professor, Leeds Beckett University
- Honorary Fellow, Queen’s Nursing Institute
- Honorary Fellow, Royal College of General Practitioners
- Lead Chief Executive, West Yorkshire and Harrogate Health and Care Partnership (Integrated Care System)
- Member of the NHS Assembly
- Member of the National People Board
- Son is a mencap ambassador
Page last updated on: