Creative Personalities in Yorkshire and Humber is run by Emergence and provides creative opportunities for service users and professionals.
Emergence is a service user led organisation that supports people affected by personality disorder including service users, carers, family and friends and professionals.
As part of this project, Creative Personalities will organise and facilitate weekly art workshops for people who identify with the diagnosis of personality disorder or experience the difficulties often associated with the diagnoses. These will be held every Wednesday afternoon, at Wakefield Cathedral from 1 – 3pm starting on Wed 10th September.
The workshops are led by Julie Bagwash, Creative Personalities co-ordinator and are an opportunity to explore different art materials as a positive means to self-expression.
The workshops aim to:
- Create opportunities for individuals to explore and develop creative methods of self-expression
- Provide social opportunities for people who often struggle to be among others or build friendships
- Provide informal peer support
- Build confidence to access community venues
- Generate a sense of hope and optimism that living with a personality disorder does not need to define us
- Challenge stigma and discrimination
As Creative Personalities is led by people who have experience of mental health, they are able to create an environment of acceptance, mutual understanding and peer support during the art workshops.
For more information about the workshops or to book your place, contact Julie on 07848 908631 or email Julie.Bagwash@emergenceplus.org.uk