Information for this event
Event date: June 29, 2023
Time: 9:30am - 5pm
Location: Oastler Building, University of Huddersfield, HD1 3DH
Join us at an exciting day-long event organised in partnership with the University of Huddersfield to celebrate and reflect on 10 years of developing creative health and wellbeing approaches and visions for the future.
The conference starts at 9.30am for registration and refreshments and will be held in the Oastler Building, University of Huddersfield, HD1 3DH.
The day will involve:
- Learning about how and why Creative Minds developed and flourished in its NHS host, its key achievements and what next for the field of creativity in healthcare*Exploring why the shift from a medical focus to an empowering recovery-focused approach is important
- Presented by Dr Pat Bracken, Critical Psychiatry Network and Julie Repper, Implementing Recovery through Organisational Change (ImROC)
- Hearing the perspectives of people with lived experience and their role in developing and delivering creative approaches
- Taster sessions from creative practitioners of different activities and approaches that have made a difference in people’s lives
- Exploring what creativity means to you and a Q&A session with a panel of stakeholders
- Regional strategic insights: Rob Webster, West Yorkshire Integrated Care Board and future vision from West Yorkshire Health & Care Partnership
There will be opportunities for networking and marketplace providing information about partner projects and approaches.
The event will be of interest to:
- Community and third sector organisations
- People with lived experiences of mental health issues
- Academics seeking new perspectives about mental health and wellbeing
- Mental health practitioners
- Commissioners of health service.
- Health care organisations and networks seeking new ways of supporting mental wellbeing
Standard fee: £25 (people with lived experiences or Trust service users are free)
Student concession: £15
Trust staff should apply through learning and development by completing a study leave form and your fee will be paid.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunch is provided and will include meat, fish and vegetarian sandwich options. If you have any special dietary needs, get in touch.
Page last updated on: