About the service
The Kirklees individual placement and support (IPS) employment service supports people using secondary mental health services to find competitive paid employment.
Our service believes that anyone is capable of working in the community, if the right kind of job and work environment can be found and the right support is provided.
Our friendly employment specialists work closely with the community mental health services across the Kirklees district. Working in partnership with health and social care professionals we can support you and your recovery journey.
We will work closely with you as an individual and offer a service tailored to your needs, based on your job preferences and choices.
Exploring your interests, skills, strengths, and experiences we will help you identify employment goals, enabling you to create a realistic employment plan. We can also help you with addressing any barriers to employment and explore solutions to overcome these to achieve your goals.
What we require from you
- You are currently supported by secondary mental health services and under the care of the core team or early intervention in psychosis service
- You are interested in finding paid employment
- You are motivated to job search
- You are willing to meet with the employment specialist for regular appointments
- If possible, you are willing to provide feedback on our service, good or bad, to enable us to continually improve
If you are interested in a referral to the team, please talk with your health care professional or clinical team member who can complete a referral for you.
We also welcome self-referrals using the electronic ‘expression of interest’ facility found under ‘referrals’.
Staff you may meet
- Administrative staff provide essential support to doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals. This can be in a variety of different settings, with administrators working as a receptionist in a clinic or a clerk on a ward. They may also be working closely with a consultant as a medical secretary.