Pastoral and spiritual care
Page last updated on:
About the service
The Pastoral and Spiritual Care service offers a person-centred approach to supporting people at all times but especially when dealing with difficult and challenging circumstances by encouraging them to work with their own value and belief system to find hope, healing and spiritual wellbeing. It provides a range of services for service users, carers and staff, from all backgrounds, across each of the trust’s localities. Anyone can access support at any point, whether spiritually minded or not. Services and activities offered by the Pastoral and Spiritual Care team include:
- Chapel and quiet rooms at Fieldhead and other sites
- Multi-faith rooms at Fieldhead
- Pastoral counselling, support and advice
- Faith specific ministries and religious services
- Bereavement support including individual bereavement counselling and psychotherapy
- Muslim chaplaincy
- Befriending project
- Canine befrienders
- Information on spiritual, religious and related issues
- Training and education for staff
- Residential retreats
Lina Clerke meditation – Download sessions for free for a limited time
Why would someone choose the service?
The service is run by a highly motivated and compassionate team of chaplains, trainers, counsellors and volunteers, who are willing to support those from different faith backgrounds or none.
Staff you may meet
- Administrative staff provide essential support to doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals. This can be in a variety of different settings, with administrators working as a receptionist in a clinic or a clerk on a ward. They may also be working closely with a consultant as a medical secretary.
- There are many people who work behind the scenes to keep services running and you may meet them in hospital or community settings. They include porters, cleaners, plumbers, electricians, decorators receptionists and secretaries who all work to make sure healthcare settings are kept clean, tidy and safe.
- Therapy is a broad term and can range from occupational therapists to behavioural therapists. Our therapists are trained in their specialist area and type of therapy to make sure we can offer the very best care.