Apply now to join our members’ council
If you’re passionate about the healthcare of your local community, it’s only right that you get to have a say on how it’s provided. That’s why we’re inviting you to be the voice of your area by standing for election to our members’ council.
As a governor on our members’ council, you will:
• Make sure we’re working in line with our mission and values, and support the principles and values of the NHS as a whole
• Hold non-executive directors to account for the performance of our Trust Board
• Influence our plans for the future
• Talk to our members and share with us what they tell you
• Choose who our chair and non-executive directors should be
• Choose who our auditors should be
Who can be a governor?
You can be a governor if:
• You are a member of the Trust in the constituency where you live
• Are aged 16 or over
• You make a commitment to fulfil your duties if you’re elected
Who can’t be a governor?
Some people are not allowed to be governors, for example if you have been declared bankrupt or received a prison sentence of three months or more. There are other restrictions – read the full details on our election website.